Workshop: Rapid Biomedical Knowledge Base Construction from Unstructured Data
November 6-7, 2018
350 Serra Mall, Stanford, CA 94305
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) and San Jose International Airport (SJC) are equally close to Stanford University.
Transportation from Airport
By shuttle or taxi (please call shuttle or taxi for prices):
- South Bay Shuttle – 408-219-0211
- MVP Taxi – 650-219-0211. If interested, please reserve a ride
- Note: taxis waiting at SFO will charge double the meter for a ride to Palo Alto, resulting in about $100+ fee.
- From SFO – take the BART (5-minute ride) to the Millbrae Avenue CalTrain Station. From there, take the CalTrain southbound to the Palo Alto CalTrain Station or the California Avenue CalTrain Station (about a 40-minute ride).
- From SJC – take the Airport Flyer (free) to the Santa Clara Transit Center. From there, take the CalTrain northbound to the California Avenue CalTrain Station or the Palo Alto CalTrain Station (about a 30-minute ride).
- From California Avenue or Palo Alto CalTrain Stations – take the Marguerite Shuttle (free) to the Stanford campus.
We recommend taking Uber, Lyft or the Marguerite Shuttle to Stanford University if possible.
If you choose to drive and park, please be careful to observe all posted signs. The parking lots closest to the Packard Building are:
- Via Ortega Garage (estimated 3 minute walk)
- Corner of Panama Street and Via Ortega
- Paid parking enforcement hours: Monday–Friday, 8am–4pm
- Available spaces: The parking lot has visitor pay parking on the ground and first floor.
- Roble Field Garage (estimated 6 minute walk to Packard Building)
- Beneath Roble Field, between the Arrillaga Outdoor Education and Recreation Center and Roble Gym. The vehicle entrance is on Via Ortega. This lot has more parking spaces.
- Paid parking enforcement hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm
- Available spaces: more than 1,100 spots for A permit, C permit, and paid hourly parking
A list of nearby options are at the Stanford Lodging Guide.
The Stanford Terrace Inn is conveniently located close to Stanford University on lines C and V of the Marguerite Shuttle route, a free shuttle operated by Stanford University. Other hotels are also reachable via the Marguerite Shuttle.